SAU Membership costs:
- £60 per annum or £5 a month.
- Cheque £61.50 per annum including £1.50 cheque handing charge
- Membership is valid for one year from the date that payment was received by the SAU bank. Membership can then be renewed on an annual basis.
- Only individual artists can become a member - arts organisations and artist collectives cannot join as a group.
- Membership is paid through GoCardless on an annual or monthly basis.
- New members will be issued with a membership card and number, and this will be required to gain access to most of the Union's membership benefits.
- Membership is valid (including coverage by the Free Public Liability Insurance Benefit) from the moment your first membership fee is cleared to the Union's bank account.
- Please note all benefits expire when and if membership is allowed to elapse.
- Please allow up to 28 days from the date of postage for your application to be processed, your fee received and card dispatched.
- The SAU Executive Committee reserve the right to refuse membership applications from individuals who, in the committee's judgement, do not meet the requisite criteria and also to expel members whose conduct brings the organisation into disrepute.
- The SAU email and telephone messages are attended to at least twice-weekly. Every effort will be made to answer all enquiries in as timely a manner as possible, but we recommend a close reading of the FAQs on this site before contacting us.
- All information in the Document Archive was correct at the time of writing.
- The SAU is not responsible for the content of websites listed in our Links section.
- All material © Scottish Artists Union.
PLEASE NOTE FROM 1ST DECEMBER 2017, AS AGREED AND ANNOUNCED AT THIS YEAR'S AGM, THE MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE INCREASING TO £60 PER ANNUM OR £5 PER MONTH.