Scottish Artists Union

Office 231
The Briggait
141 Bridgegate
Glasgow G1 5HZ

t: 0141 559 4999



Artist's Rights

I have a specific problem with Tax and VAT; can you give me any advice?
Check out our research documents. SAU consulted with a VAT specialist, through Cultural Enterprise Office, as part of its research. CEO offers free VAT and Tax advice sessions available by appointment.

I know I should be using contracts but how do I go about it?
We have devised a check list to assist you.

How can I work out what rate of pay I should be asking for?
If you are seeking guidance on suitable rates of pay for artists entering into short-term, sessional work then we have prepared some advice that may be of use. It can be downloaded from our Document Centre under "ROP".

Can you give advice about pricing work?
We have not carried out specific research on this subject but if you contact the Cultural Enterprise Office they can send you a fact sheet guide.